Home Buying Tips
Buying a house is a big decision which involves in ensuring you to make a smart purchase. Buying a home is a major time and money investment. Buying a house involves lots of details to make sure that you find a qualified realtor with whom you are very comfortable, so that you don’t end up making any costly mistakes. Buying a house is one of the biggest financial decisions that you will make in your life.
1. Before buying a house you should make sure the neighborhood is your own social status and liking. When you opt for an apartment or villa from a reliable builder, in the community you live among will be of your own liking. Your family members will have an enjoyable social life. Your children will have good company to play with.
2. Opt for a home from a reliable builder who provides amenities like children’s play area, landscaped surroundings and round-the-clock security to the community. Your children will have friends of their own age group to interact with. Even if both of you are working parents they will be safe at home.
3. Assess the type of property that is ideal for you. There are different types of areas to choose like Carpet Area which is a area of apartment/building, which does not include the area of the walls. Built up Area includes the area of the walls also. A Super Built up Area includes the built up area, along with the area under common spaces such as the lobby, lifts, stairs, etc. This term is only applicable to multi-dwelling units.
4. When you are buying a property from a builder in a building under construction, check for Approved plan of the building along with the number of floors, Permissions from water and electricity authorities have obtains and Check specifications given in the agreement to sell of the sale brochure. Is he providing the same actually on the ground or not?
5. Check out whether the builder has quality accreditation. A good builder will have a better seasoned engineers to oversee every aspect of construction in compliance with the stipulated norms. Apart from the structure finishes and fittings shall be of higher standards, installed by skilled workforce.
6. The style of the exterior is important to think about. Wood siding looks quaint, but may require more maintenance than brick. Stone looks natural, so this may be a viable option.
7. If you want to buy a house, you must see the approved layout plan, approved building plan, ownership documents, carryout search, etc. so you have to have a title and document search. Consult an advocate before you purchase a property so that he can advise you.The stamp papers are required to be purchased in the name of any one of the executors to the Instrument.
8. You need to negotiate the terms, conditions, and cost and your realtor will help you do this. Don’t just go and pay the asking price for a home. Try to get the best deal.
9. Before you buy a home from a builder, inspect a few projects of the same builder to understand the quality and standards he offers. Better still, ask some residents, about the living standards.
10. When buying a home it is important to find a house in a neighborhood you like that includes low crime rate, great schools and increasing home value.
11. Make sure that you understand the difference between insuring the structure and the contents; and if you are buying property that is close to water, make sure that you have an agent who can help with flood insurance.