How to buy a Home Theater system
Now a days people wants to enjoy the same feel they get from cinema theatres which is made possible with home theater system which has big screen and monstrous speakers where you can enjoy a full-fledged cinematic experience in your living room. Having a home theater system is one of pleasures in life and has become one of the luxury component.
Home theatre system constitutes of three key components the display, the DVD player, and the speakers which gives a theater effect at home. To buy a home theater system there are some guidelines to remember before you directly purchase it.
- Buying an home theater system should not be done in a rushed manner as it costs high. First you need do research either by online or by surveying at stores. Internet is a great starting point as there are number of online websites that compare prices of home theater system and gives you the best information on the brand you select to buy.
- Before buying home theater system be familiar with their features and remember the benefits that one has over the other. The reason for this is that when you walk into a store and you’re confronted by a salesperson, you are have enough knowledge on what model you want to buy base the salesperson gives you product specifications, product reviews of your selected model.
- Decide whether you want have a large screen TV or a medium screen TV, a plasma TV or an LCD TV. Whether you want a stereo audio system or a surround sound system or a simple home theater system. Once you have an idea of what you want, you need to take a look at what’s available.
- Before you for buying for a home theater system make space at your house. If you have a dedicated room for the home theater, get a more powerful system Get at least an 80-watt receiver if you have a large room with high ceilings. A dark room has the better quality of viewing. The quality of sound depends on the type of the walls and the type of floor reflects the sound and deteriorate its quality.
- The home theater system should have a receiver with at minimum Digital Theater System (DTS) or Dolby Digital whereas Dolby Digital and DTS are competing, incompatible formats for home theater sound. You can buy a home theater system as a single unit, or you can purchase individual selective components to create your own personalized home theater system.
- The resolution of the video is important for a home theater system. The resolution is the number of dots or pixels that make a complete picture. The higher the resolution the better the clarity of the picture. Resolutions are marked as 480p, 1080i etc.
- The most common display device for home theater system is the TV with CRT while Flat panels consist of two types- LCD [Liquid Crystal Display] and Plasma as the cost of LCD and Plasma TVs is falling rapidly day by day.
- The sound component is most important in home theater system, so listen carefully to the speakers before you check out the system. Six speakers make up the ideal home theater, left and right front-channel speakers, left and right surround speakers, a sub woofer, and a center-channel speaker. The center-channel speaker is probably the most important, since most movie dialogue comes from it.