How to Buy a Used Car
The dream of buying a car for a common man can be fulfilled buying a used car. It would be a smart decision to buy a used car but it also involves the risk. It is a stressful process, but can make it easier by doing your homework beforehand since you can afford a car that are only a year old are 20-30 percent cheaper than brand-new cars Advantage of buying a used car is that you could buy a premium or luxury model for the price of a base small new car.
1. Before buying a used car you must do research as there are variety of outlets, franchise and independent dealers, rental car companies, leasing companies, used car superstores sell used cars. You can even buy a used car on the Internet.
3. Spend time to choose the right car. Make sure you spend some time working out what you need from your car. The purpose of buying a used car, how much will it cost to fuel, tax, insure, service and repair
4. Buying a used car is a bit of risk factor since some cars may be in a very good condition and others may have some hidden problems. You will probably have to spend some time and look at a number of cars before you find the one that you like.
5. Contact the used car seller to get lot of valuable information about the car, its past and present condition. Check the car condition during daylight, and preferably when it’s dry to make it easier to spot damage. If you buy from a private party, the negotiation process is less stressful.
6. Inspecting a used car, by checking any outstanding finance, has been stolen or written off. Examine the car documents, logbook, service history and previous MOT certificates. Check the car’s Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) at the base of the windscreen, under the bonnet and stamped into the chassis under the carpet beside the driver’s seat for signs of tampering, and make sure they match the VIN recorded in the logbook.
7. Always take a test drive a used car before buying a car to asses every aspect of the car, how it moves on the road and whether the equipment works correctly on different types of roads.
8. Before buying a used car a buyer can make an offer on the car they would like to buy. Know the worth of the car. Show commitment to the deal, stay calm and don’t be stimulating.
9. Check all the paperwork whether the photocopies and print outs are not fake. Examine the service history to make sure the recorded mileage is in line with the mileage displayed in the car, and that regular maintenance has been carried out.
10. Used cars are more reliable today than ever before and are still under the factory warranty. It’s easier to pay-off a used car, which gives you more flexibility. With a new car you could be locked in a lengthy contract and it’s hard to get out of it earlier if for some reason you decide to get rid of a car before the contract expires. The insurance is also often cheaper for a used car.