Tips for Buying Bowling Ball
One need to consider several basic things when buying a bowling ball that suits your needs since bowling balls are made up of different materials like plastic, polyester rubber or urethane along with weight, color, images, and composition are extremely different. Selecting bowling balls at your local sports store or bowling center pro shop can be overwhelming. So it is important to buy a bowling ball that helps develop and improve technique.
1. For a beginners the plastic bowling balls are very effective since they cost less and lasts for a longer time. The experienced bowlers polyester material balls are recommended as it reacts differently and can be handled to suit their moves and spins. Bu while choosing the type of ball you need to consider another the bowling ball’s weight also. You should never use a ball too heavy just because you feel you should. The real ideal ball weight is the heaviest ball you can comfortably throw.
2. The cover stock or surface material of the ball is the most important element in ball performance because it makes contact with the lane surface and determines the amount of friction produced as the ball travels down the lane. More friction usually produces more hook while less friction results in more skid or slide.
3. The other types of bowling balls such as reactive resin, particle, and urethane suits different needs, but anyone learning to throw a hook will be better satisfied with one of these types over plastic. One important consideration when choosing one of these three types of construction is lane conditions.
4. The average weight of bowling balls for kids ranges between the 6 and 16 pounds range, therefore it is vital to select one which can be handled easily by your child. If the weight of the ball is too light for your child, he will just end up throwing it really hard. But at the same time if the ball is on the heavier side, then your child will have a difficult time at handling and throwing it, and this could potentially hurt your child’s muscles and joints.
5. Buy bowling balls during each and every stage of your bowling path. Since you need not worry about picking a bowling ball every time and actually trying out if the finger holes are comfortable to handle or if the ball is too heavy. And once you make your decision and order your ball, remember to take good care of it.
6. Be patient when you first hold and release a ball drilled to your hand, you might be afraid it doesn’t fit. Visit a professional to have your measurements taken and have your bowling ball drilled to fit.With a little practice, your new ball will prove to be infinitely more comfortable and controllable than a pre-drilled house ball. Take your bowling ball to a pro shop and have an expert measure your hand and drill your ball. Some stores will include free drilling with the purchase of a ball.
7. You need accessories for Bowling ball in a right way and to improve the game. Such accessories like bowling gloves helps to throw the ball with more accuracy and power.
The wrist supports boosts your score by helping you maintain proper form when you release the ball and also helps in reducing strain.
The Bowling pins come in either weighted or unweighted bowling pin sets.
And Bowling ball cleaners and polishes enable you to keep your bowling ball looking new.